Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Review: NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

Not a lot of people really think about eye primers and eyeshadow bases as much as the eyeshadow itself.  But a lot of the time they are just what you need to make  your eyeshadow really pop and last throughout the day.  Earlier in June I picked up the NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with NYX, they are a drugstore cosmetic brand.  Where I live you can only find NYX in the drugstore section of Ulta, but I don't know if that is the same for everyone.  The eyeshadow base comes in three different colors: white, pearl, and skin tone.  I picked up skin tone because I do a lot of natural makeup looks.  The product comes in a small plastic jar like container and you just unscrew the plastic top to open it.  The packaging is pretty good quality and small and compact enough for traveling.  This product claims to hold, intensify, and  make your eyeshadow last longer.  I think that this product really lives up to the claims it makes.  I just apply it with my fingers and then let it set for a minute before applying eyeshadow.  I haven't really had the product crease on me and a little bit goes a long way.  It is $6.99 at Ulta, and I know that seems kind of pricey for such a small product but honestly I have been using it for about two months and I have barely made a dent in it.  And like I said earlier a little bit goes a long way.  Besides Ulta almost always has the buy 1, get 1 at 50% off deal on their drugstore cosmetics.  To sum it all up I really like this product, it really helps to make my eyeshadow look better, last longer, and stay put.  It is also cruelty free, meaning that they don't test on animals which is something I really like.  I defiantly recommend this to someone who is looking for a good eyeshadow base.  I like it so much that the next time I'm at Ulta I plan on picking up the eyeshadow base in white for some of my lighter, more pastel colored eyeshadows.


Follow me on twitter: @alexblogs52

To contact me: alexblogs52@gmail.com

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to write them in the comments below.

Also if want to see me do certain posts(review on a product, tutorial, etc...) you can write it in the comments below.

Below I have put a link to this product on the Ulta website. 





No comments:

Post a Comment