Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Mac and Sephora Haul!

Hey everyone!  So I'm sorry that this post is going to be late but this week is my first week back to school and its been a bit hectic. So yeah sorry for the delay and I hope you enjoy this haul!

Mac Cosmetics:
So I just picked up a few things from Mac while I was at the mall.  The first thing I got were two eyeshadows called Shadowy Lady and Wedge.  Shadowy Lady is a nice matte dark purple color that is really pretty.  It is great to use as eyeliner or for a darker eye look.  The pictures I took of the shadow really don't should how pretty it is and the true color.  The other shadow I got, Wedge, is a matte medium brown and just a great color to use I'm your crease.  Again the picture doesn't do it justice.  The woman who did my makeup the first time I went into Mac used both of these colors and I wanted to pick them up.  Both the shadows I bought were pro palette pan refills and they are $10.

( I apologized for the bad picture, the lighting wasn't the best)

The next thing I got was the Pro Palette Large/Single.  I picked this up because I had bought two more pro palette pan refill shadows and I didn't want to keep buying the small palettes every time I went into Mac so I decided to just buy a palette.  The I also picked up the Pro Palette Eye Shadow x15(insert) to put in the palette.  The Pro Palette Large/Single was $8 and the Pro Palette Eye Shadow insert was $2.  


Sephora:
So I really went into Sephora to get the Benefit Real Birthday Turn Ons free birthday gift.  Now it isn't my birthday I just accidentally put the wrong birthday in  when I was signing up for the Sephora Beauty Insider Card online.  But I decided to pick the free gift up anyways because it had two samples of products that have wanted to try for a while now.  
There are two small sample size products in this gift.  The first thing is the Watt's Up Hightlighter.  This highlighter is in a stick form and the full size packaging and the sample's packaging are both really cute. It is a nice seer champagne color and is perfect for cheeks, brow bones, or where ever else you want to highlight.  I think this color really complements my fair ski tone and so far I really like it but I want to use it a but more before telling you guys my final opinion. 

The other thing in the set is the Benefit They're Real Mascara.  Now I haven't tried this product yet but I am really excited to because I have heard so many wonderful things about this mascara and the brush looks really interesting. 

Now the last thing I bought is the Benefit Gettin' Cheeky! Sampler.  Now this set includes three of the small tints from Benefit.
  In this set there is Posie Tint lip and cheek tint which is a nice poppy-pink color. The next tint is Sun Beam which is a golden bronze highlighter.  The last tint is Cha Cha Tint which is personally my favorite and it is a mango-tinted lip and cheek tint.  Now I have only tried Posie and Cha Cha tint as lip tints but they have pretty much become my everyday lip colors lately.  Out of the two Cha Cha tint is my favorite mainly because it gives me a nice red orange colored lip and I love red lip colors.  Now when you first see these tints they are really scary looking because they are so bright but on the lips they look really different.  I don't want to talk about them to much but if you want to see a review on them, like this post and tell me in the comments below.

The other tint in the set is Sun Beam which is a golden bronze highlighter and I have only used it once and I think it might be a bit to dark for me.  I have really fair skin so the golden bronze color might not work that well for me but I'm going to keep trying to see what I think about it.  I think that this would look really good on some who has a darker skin tone or just a nice tan.

So overall I am really happy with my purchases.  I am really excited about the Benefit products because this is my first time trying that brand.  I hope you all enjoyed this post and I apologize again for posting it so late.  Feel free to leave any questions or comments you have down below in the comments 


Don't forget to comment and subscribe to this blog!

Twitter: @alexblogs52
 
Pintrest: @alexblogs52
 
Instagram: @alexblogs52
 
 
Have a great day!
~Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment