Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

First Impression: Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation

I went to Target yesterday to pick up a new shade of the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation because the shade I had picked up before was just a little bit to light for my skin.  I then decided to pick up another foundation because the new shade of the Nearly Naked looked quite dark and yellow.  So I ended up picking up the Maybelline Fit Me Stick and the Dream Matte Mousse because I couldn't decide.

So a little background knowledge about this foundation is that it's a mousse foundation meaning it comes in a jar and its not a liquid like most foundations.  It is $7.99 at Target and has .64 oz or 18 grams.  It comes in 12 shades, porcelain ivory being the lightest and the darkest being Cocoa Dark 3.  

This product claims to be 100% velvet matte with an air soft feel.  It also claims to blend effortlessly for a soft, natural-looking, even-toned result.  I couldn't find where it said what coverage it is suppose to be but I'm pretty sure it's suppose to be a medium coverage.  

I picked mine up in the lightest shade porcelain ivory which seems to match me quite well.  The texture of this product in the jar is quite interesting.  It feels just like a mousse and is very light feeling.  I used my Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge to apply it.  I am totally impressed with this product.  It is like a dream to blend, it's so easy and it feels amazing on the skin. It feels like I'm not even wearing foundation and when I touch my face it feels so soft and like my actual skin.  It is a matte finish so I defiantly think it lives up to that claim.

I think this product gives your skin an almost air brushes look.  As far as evening out your skin this product defiantly does that.  As far as it being natural looking, I am a bit torn about that.  It does look natural and not cakey at all but it is a medium coverage foundation so it doesn't look extremely natural if you get what I'm saying, but for the most part it looks fairly natural.  This defiantly is a medium coverage foundation but you could probably build it up to a full coverage.  This product is marketed toward normal to oily skin so I'm not sure how this would look on people with dry skin but it didn't look terrible on the few dry patches I have.

Overall I think this might be my new favorite foundation. The shade matches my skin very nicely and I have been really impressed with all the Maybelline foundations I have tried.  It blends so easily and you could apply this really how ever want, whether it be a sponge, a brush, or your hands.  I think that it would look great either way.  I defiantly recommend this product!
Please tell me what types of posts you want to see next.  Also if you have tried this foundation please tell me your thoughts on it in the comments below.  Please let me know if you want me to do a full out review on this product once I have worn it for a few weeks.

Don't forget to comment and subscribe to this blog!

Twitter: @alexblogs52
 
Pintrest: @alexblogs52
 
Instagram: @alexblogs52
 
 
Have a great day!
~Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment