Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Makeup Collection 2014: Lipstick


Hey everyone!
Today I'm doing my second installment of my Makeup Collection 2014 series.  This post is all about lipsticks, not lip stains, lip gloss, or even lip pencils, just lipstick.  I mainly own drugstore lipsticks with the exception of one high end lipstick sample. I will include all the pictures and swatches at the end, along with links though out the post.  Lets get started!


Milani Color Statement Lipstick in 17 Plumrose, 42 Rose Femme, 43 Pretty Natural, and 26 Nude Creme 
Over the last few months Milani lipsticks have become my favorite drugstore lipsticks.  They are around $6 and smell like watermelon.  They come in a variety of different finishes and the formula is great, it is not drying, feels great on your lips, and they have a great shade range of 36 colors.  That is probably the reason I already own four of them.
You can find these lipsticks at your local drugstore or on the Milani website which also tells you the finish of each lipstick (click here to see).

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in 450 Mauve Mania, 645 Red Revival, 935 Sin-A-Mon, and 955 Espresso Exposed 
These lipsticks are pretty well know and loved by many beauty bloggers.  I haven't used them in a while (possibly due to my love affair with Milani Lipsticks) but from what I can remember the formula is good as well as the color payoff.  They smell a bit lick crayons which isn't as nice as the watermelon scent from Milani, thankfully I'm not to sensitive when it comes to smells.  They are ok lipsticks, I don't find myself reaching for them very often though.  There is a good color range and Maybelline is always coming out with new limited edition shades.  They are relatively inexpensive and you can find them anywhere that sells Maybelline (so basically everywhere). (click here to see)

Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick in Hooligan
I have a sample of this lipstick and I love it!  The formula is nice, not glittery but does have a sheen to it.  It is suppose to make your lips look bigger but without a plumper.  The color is a nice mauve plum and I really enjoy the sample.  The packaging seems to be a bit faulty, the lipstick rubs into the holder, if that makes any sense, creating lines in the side of it.  I don't know if all of them are like that or just mine but it's still worth buying.  They come in 12 shades and are $21 on the Sephora website (click here to see).

Wet N Wild Mega Last Lip Color in 918D Cherry Bomb and 906D Wine Room
I can't say to much about these lipsticks because I haven't tried them enough or at all really.  They are a matte finish and very inexpensive.  If you are interested try and wait until there is a buy one get one half off sale or a buy one get one free sale.  I will do a review of them when I try them out more,  you can get them at any of your local drugstores that sell Wet N Wild (click here to see).

(Left to right) Milani 17 Plumrose, Maybelline 935 Sin-A-Mon, Buxom Hooligan, Milani 42 Rose Femme
(Left to right) Maybelline 450 Mauve Mania, Milani 43 Pretty Natural, Milani 26 Nude Creme, Maybelline 955 Espresso Exposed, Maybelline 645 Red Revival, Wet N Wild 918D Cherry Bomb, Wet N Wild 906D Wine Room

Let me know if you want me to make a video or a whole blog post on any of these products I've shown above.  Also let me know what you want to see next and if there are any products you want me to review.

Don't forget to comment and subscribe to this blog!

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHKmmDMSYg5frtOGhyTIF1A



Pinterest: @alexblogs52


Contact me: alexblogs52@gmail.com

Have a great day!
~Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment