Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Review: Urban Decay Naked Basics Pallette

So I know the Urban Decay Naked Basics eye shadow palette isn't exactly new to the beauty community, but it is to me.  I've had this palette for maybe a month now, and I love using it to create natural makeup looks.  Neutrals are great because they look good on everyone and are great for people who are just starting to wear makeup  and don't know which colors look best on them.  I personally prefer a matte shadow over a shimmer, and the fact that it's an all matte palette really drew me in.  In this palette there are six neutral matte shadows, four of which are exclusive and new.  The palette it's self is very sleek and compact.  It also has a mirror which is good for touch ups.  It is a great size for traveling or even just throwing in your purse.

The first shadow in the palette is Venus, a soft off-white demi-matte.  It's the only shadow in the palette with a touch of satin.  I love to put Venus on my inner eye, it really makes my makeup pop. 

The next shadow(Foxy)Urban Decay describes as a cream bisque matte and I have to agree.  Foxy is a nice cream pale yellow color.  You can wear it with other shadows or you can wear it by itself and maybe add some black eyeliner to create a winged eyeliner look.  It's great to use if your going for a very simple neutral look.

Walk of Shame(or W.O.S.) is a very light nude color.  As you can see in the swatch down below, W.O.S. is very close to my skin color.  I love using it to blend!  It's just a great nude color.


Naked 2 is taupe matte and the lightest shade of brown.  Next shadow is Faint, which is a warm, dusty brown.  I love using Faint in my crease.  The last shadow is Crave, the deepest, darkest brown/black.  Crave is great to use as an alternative to eyeliner.


The Naked Basics palette is $27 which I don't think is that bad of a price for the product.  I really like and enjoy this palette.  I only have one con and that is the fact that when I first bought it the palette was hard to open.  But now that I know how to open it, it isn't really a problem anymore.  The fact that it's a little hard to open also is a pro because this way if you just throw it in your purse it is less likely to open and make a mess everywhere.  I defiantly recommend this to someone who doesn't have a lot of neutrals, matte eye shadows.  I don't think that someone who has a lot of neutral, matte shadows already wouldn't get that much use out of it.  The shadows are really pigmented and have a great color payoff.  I give this palette 5 stars, in my opinion.








No comments:

Post a Comment