Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

FOTD: Neutral Eyes and Bold Lips

Hey everyone!
For today's makeup I decided to go with neutral light eye shadow and a bold classic red lip.  I really like this look and for me it could easily be an everyday look.  I really like the way red lips look on me and how it contrasts with my pale skin.  I am thinking about doing a tutorial on this look on my YouTube channel, comment below if that would be something you are interested in seeing.

Face: 
For my foundation I used the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in Ivory 805.  Then for my under eye concealer I used Benefit Fakeup Concealer in Light 01, which is suppose to be a hydrating crease concealer that doesn't crease.  It does crease on me though, just like all the other concealers I've tried. .  For setting my under eye concealer I used the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Cream, this powder has been discontinued but I have a backup and it's my favorite powder for setting foundation and concealer.  I also used the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Fair on  a few spots I have.  I used the Estee Lauder Just Blush Eye and Cheek Powder in Rose Tutu for my blush and it is sadly discontinued.  For contouring I used the L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder in C3 Creamy Natural.  I also used the Maybelline Baby Skin Primer, the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood Light, and the Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray.

Eyes: 
For my brows I used the Maybelline Master Shape Brow Pencil in Soft Brown along with the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Blonde.  I also went ahead and used the Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara as a brow gel in order to set my brows. As for an eye prime I used the e.l.f. Eyelid Primer in Sheer and the whole eye look I used the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette.  I used a combination of w.o.s. and foxy on my lid, then I used Naked 2 on my outer corner and in my crease.  I used w.o.s. to blend everything out an foxy as my brow bone highlight.  I skipped eyeliner and used my current favorite mascara which is Maybelline Volum' Express The Rocket Mascara.

Lips: 
For my lips I went with a cool toned matte balm  which would be the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Standout.

Let me know if you like these FOTD posts and let me know if you want me to do more of them!

Don't forget to comment and subscribe to this blog!

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHKmmDMSYg5frtOGhyTIF1A



Pinterest: @alexblogs52


Contact me: alexblogs52@gmail.com

Have a great day!
~Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment